Todd

I have already answered all 3 of your question earlier. Obviously, you did not like my answers, but that the way it is!

But just to make you feel better, I will give you another set of answers.

Question 1)
1. Do you have to be a Christian to have this "God-given right"? Or, in His benevolence, do even non-believers get to fish?

Answer; No, to first part, and yes to second part.

Question 2)
What if your personal god/religion tells you that you have the privilege of the Earth and its resources? Are you screwed, because a guy like you has the right and the other guy only has a privilege? Perhaps you'd have the right to lowhole him, but not someone who believes the way you do? If so, you really scored being born with your right. We'll all have to put stickers on our boats spelling out if we carry the right or merely the privilege so we know who gets to hit the good holes first

Answer; first part, I stand on what I said, "Yes, just look at the Bolt decision". That legal decision gave the Tribes certain religious "rights" that you or I do not have (i.e. ceremonial fishery rights, no fishing license requirement, self policing, etc, etc. right? Second part, if you only believe that fishing is only a "privilege" to YOU, the answer is yes. If you believe like many do, the answer would be no. Feel free to make your own choice. The Tribes did! Third part of question; yes, you do have the right to lowhole him if you choose to do so. It happens every day on every river. No WAC or RCW, which I know of, says different. It appears to be a "choice" issue. Fussy answer, to a fussy question!

Question 3)
Mankind has not always had the right to fish. Being a fisherman in many cultures throughout time has been a position of honor, and people who weren't granted that position of honor did not fish. Did that honor come as a privilege granted by society, or a right granted by God? If it was a right, why didn't they all have it? Are some people just better than others?

Answer; ("Mankind has not always had the right to fish. Being a fisherman in many cultures throughout time has been a position of honor, and people who weren't granted that position of honor did not fish.") That is not a question to me; it is just your own point of view! So the real answer to your "first question" is; first, I would have to know what "society" you are referring to before I could answer that question. Secondly, not all societies had such an "honor" system as you have referred too. Depending on the "society", that "you" are talking about, god may, or may not, have been the one who make the decision. You also asked; If it was a right, why didn't they all have it? Answer; They did all "have it" at one time, but people just like you, conceded in giving up their rights. Bad mistake! The world has a history of people giving up their "rights"; we call it "communalism" now! And finally, your last answer is Yes, some people are better then others. It may be a real hart burner, and pill for you to swallow, but look around, that too is a FACT!

Question 4)
If you have a GGR (God given right) to fish, is it better than the logger's GGR to harvest trees just as you harvest fish? Or the developer's GGR, perhaps order, to conquer the earth through growth and development? They feel just as strongly about their GGR's as you do. Who's takes precedence? Based on your various opinions, I get three guesses and the first two don't count.

Answer; "that's a "loaded one" and you know it! I'll pass!" Your reply to me was; Agreed, it is most certainly a "loaded one" So Todd, you did get your answer, just not one that you tried to set me up to give!

Todd, you still did not meet my earlier request; If someone is going to quote case law on this board to support their opinion, then please post the entire case, be it by email or on your posting!

Finall question for you Todd;

If the act of fishing isn't "your right", then please explain to me how YOU can fish all YOU want on YOUR OWN property in YOUR OWN private lake or pond without needing to have a "fishing license". Is that act not "fishing"? Will you or anybody please post the WAC or RCW that says that the "act of fishing" on your own property, on your own fish, is govern by law? Think hard before you answer this one!

"The mind that does not challenge itself, is a mind that does not exist"

Cowlitzfisherman
Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????