Land Tuna

You made a very good point!

My answer to you is YES! Both the Friends of the Cowlitz (FOC) and my organization (CPR-Fish) have asked numerous other groups and organizations for their help during the relicensing process. Some become interveners and have given good supportive comments, but that's about it. Two of the largest groups in the Northwest (American Rivers and Trout Unlimited) worked with both FOC and CPR-fish during the early stages of settlement. Way too much "back-dooring" went on between them and Tacoma!

That experience has left a pretty bad taste in both the FOC's and CPR-Fish's mouths. Both of those groups (American Rivers and Trout Unlimited) also had sold out to Tacoma at the very last minute, and signed onto and agreement that effectually freezes out any other sport fishing groups such as ours in the decision making process. The biggest difference, and problem, with that is you now have 2 "outside groups" that have never did a darn thing for the Cowlitz sport fishery, or it's recovery program in the upper Cowlitz, now calling the shots, and making recommendations instead of making just "comments". There is a huge difference between the power of making "recommendations" compared to just making "comments". They will now be the ones who will be forming and representing the sport fishing needs and developing the new "adaptive management plan" for a river system that they know almost nothing about. That is simply not fair nor right!

I have learn one thing through this relicensing process; be careful of who you sleep with, because when you wake up, you may be in the wrong bed!

Thanks for your impute Tuna, but for now, it appears that I will continue to stand alone with the FOC.

Cowlitzfisherman
Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????