in a way, yes, but no...

i had a Bushmaster XM E2S 15 or so years ago... i bought it from a guy i worked with, it was from the mayor of Portland at the time... paid 580 for it, cleaned it once, shot 4K+ rounds out of it, and sold it for 580, which i then used to buy a Ruger M77 MK II stainless .338 Win Mag...

that was a mistake... rofl

before, and since then, i was always kinda an AK guy even tho i dont think super highly of them... (the Siaga AK100 rifles are a different story, as well as Vepr and Drags and whatnot)...

ive owned alot, SKS's AK's AKM's AMD-65s, MAK-90s, you know, the various variants...

cool guns, but they are literally only for mowing people down... they are reliable and function, but the accuracy is bullsh!t... that and the X39 round is junk IMO...

i like accuracy, and my Bushmaster was extremely accurate, with Black Hills... i want precision, not volume... always been that way...

im not unfamiliar with them, i can take the thing apart just as fast as i always have been, clean them right, ect... i just never had the money after selling the BM, they jumped in price and went through the roof... AK's did too, but they were 600 bucks cheaper to get one, and you could go spray 100 bucks worth of ammo out and beat yourself up on a weekend and it was fun... and cheap...

but in a way, im semi unfamiliar with what i can do with them... brands, ect... they were just too expensive for me to justify spending that kind of money, when i could have just got a bolt gun and out shot the things accuracy wise each and every time...

kinda grown a bit i guess, and i appreciate them alot more, but im still the same in a way... i wanted an AR 10, so i could do a 6.5 rifle and have the .308 as well, but i was told the DPMS Bull 24 rifles arent that accurate, so i want with the Ruger cuz of the Valkyrie and the Grendel options... i didnt want to spend 2500+ dollars on doing it and i didnt want to spend 1500 on the rifle right now... so i opted for the MPR which i got for 742 out the door...

so with buying the scope and gun, im at 942...

got 3 Pmag gen 2 mags, i paid 13 a piece for, and at Surplus i just got a AMEND 2 MOD 2 30 rounder for under 10 bucks... things are built like a tank, they had one in the store they drove over with a truck, and it still functions flawlessly, so i figured what the hell...

so no, not a fetus... more like a pre teen with ADD....