Originally Posted By: Myassisdragon
Very nice Glockoides there for sure DD ! I was thinking of building a nice lite version for my wife as Glocks have always been a favorite shooter of hers, but ever time I start to mumble about another build, she brings out her old model 19, shoots lites out, and the banker backs off the loan !

Not to change the thread here, but I do have a related question for y’all, sorta.

If I build another 6.5 Grendel upper, I wanted to go with an 11in barrel, thread up the muzzle, and run a very lite suppressor to quiet down the operation, and then I wanted to hunt with it.

Question is: Can I hunt deer with that short barrel ? And is it then a short barreled rifle, or an AR Pistol ?

Thx
S

You can make it a pistol by not putting a normal carbine (or rifle) buttstock on it.
SB Tactical is the leader in AR pistol "braces".
SBA3 is probably their best seller.
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba3/
The street price for SBA3 is around $110.

I'd check the regs and see if an AR pistol is compliant for deer in your area.

Also a 300 Blackout would be more efficient and easier to suppress at the 10" barrel length.

ETA:
If you can build an AR, you can build a Glock while blindfolded and one arm tied behind your back.
ArmorAlly and Rockey Brass currently have Polymer 80 Glock-ish frames deeply discounted.