well, i have a problem, and im not happy about it either....

i dont use the charging handle a ton, especially when shooting, i just use the bolt catch to release the bolt...

i had noticed after putting the new latch on, that it was leaving a mark on the spot it latches too... didnt really think anything of it, till last night....

started looking at it, and found this... it also was sticking to the point of the last time i tried pulling it, it was stuck, got it free after a minute....

this is what i found, and im not happy....

the Surplus one is on the left, Ruger stock one is on the right....

this is the Ruger, notice the gap between the wall and the latch hook...

this is the Surplus one, notice the hook, and gap....

i had noticed, after cleaning, sometimes be BCG would be a tad hard to push forward to get the audible "click" when its properly installed... started looking at it and the hook isnt even hooking anything, its resting on the area in yellow...

the gap isnt even wide enough to hook it... i put the Ruger one back in, and slid right down, easy as pie, BCG clicked with almost no force at all, nice and smooth....

now look at the picture of the BCM latch at the top of the page... its 100 percent identical to the Ruger latch...

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Charging-Handle-s/123.htm

good thing i caught it when i did, now i have to go back and show them their "house" product is complete bullsh!t, could have gotten me hurt, and wore the paint off the latch spot on the rifle (that part im not really concerned about per say)... with gas at 3.25 a gallon, and me getting 14 miles to the gallon, they better make it right or im taking my business elsewhere... i will pay the extra money for the BCM this time, but they better be receptive to my anger....

there are a ton of stores that sell the same sh!t they do, so i dont "need" to go there...

we will see how their customer service is... Quantico treated me really good in there, and ill have no problem going back if i have to....