so i went to Range 15 on JBLM today to run more rounds through the MPR and 10/22...

first off, that range, is the best one ive been to yet, they have targets from 25-300 yards, its covered, laid back atmosphere, lots of Military guys around, all in all, i loved it....

now, onto the shooting...

i fired 5 rounds at 100 yards, still zeroed, so i said fvck it, im going after the 12 inch plate at 300 yards...

when i first got there, the RSO, i asked if they were the 300 yard targets, which he replied yes... i said OK im gonna take some shots, he asked what i was shooting, i said 5.56 ammo, Ruger MPR AR, which he kinda chuckled, and said "good luck, they arent that easy to hit"...

the scope i bought, i think is more designed for the .308 bullet drop, not sure, but i figured it out...

first shot i missed but i saw where it hit, second i missed, but i saw where that hit.... 3rd through 150 rounds i think i missed it 2 more times.... the RSO started asking me questions rofl

he was surprised i wasnt "military" as alot of the guys shooting at those targets couldnt hit sh!t, and i could see their impacts in the dirt, and there were quite a few military guys there, along with people that "think" they are military with their 400 pound AR's with a bunch of sh!t on them...

had a few guys come up and ask me what i was shooting, i told them, and every one of them said "thats you with all the ringing noise i take it", some of them seemed kinda flustered that they couldnt do it, so i politely gave them some tips on how and what i was doing, so they could try to replicate it... some of them actually started doing well rather quickly, and you could tell their "happiness" grew as the time went along...

everyone was respectful, listened for the most part, didnt see any stupid things going on that i have seen at other ranges... place was clean, benches kinda sucked, i had to sit on my foot get get high enough to be comfortable, oh well, it worked...

this is probably one of, if not, the most accurate rifle ive ever bought out of the box... completely satisfied, and get more impressed with it every time i pull the trigger... shot 62 grain FMJ BT rounds, and 55 grain FMJ BT rounds, brands were Aguila(62) and Winchester (55)... the 55s were obviously a little faster, but shot about the same at 300, rifle ate them all, and loved it....

so, started to mess with the 10/22.....

started at 100 since the target was at 100 already, i think the thing was sighted in at 50 i cant remember, but with the CCI mini mags, i was low about 10 inches or around there, made some adjustments, and got it close... one thing for certain, is that as we had talked about on my 22 thread, when the bullets drop through that super sonic barrier, they get wonky... so i got it semi dialed at 100, and said screw it lets try 300...

i could see the vapor trail at 100 and the bullet arc ect... at 300 you can see it for a bit, but then lose sight of it... what i could see was the bullet impacts since that is a 16X scope and the AR scope is a 12X max power which i could still see the impacts on the steel with...

hit the target a couple times with the .22, but by all means, didnt do it alot, it was fun trying...

for a second...

loaded the mag, sat down, got ready, and fired...

a bunch of sh!t hit me in the face, and the magazine flew out of the bottom of it and to the left of me, at that point i knew something had happened....

ive shot well over 100K .22 LR rounds in my life, and i have NEVER had this happen, the RSO had never seen this happen either.... im sure it has to some people, but definitely not me...

looked into the chamber, and there was a case still in the breech, took a rod, and popped it out....

and this is what happened....

ive actually never in my life had a case rupture, in any caliber... kinda freaky, even if it was just a .22... it actually had me spooked for a second when i went back to shooting the MPR because ive seen people put 5.56 in rifles chambered for .223, and they blow the magazines apart and whatnot, sometimes the guns blow up themselves...

i think i will contact CCI and see what they say about it... i still have the case, dont have the box so i dont have the lot number but you can clearly tell what brand it is....

end all, gun is lights out, fantastic, i love it, and cant wait to get a .224 Valkyrie upper, maybe in a week or so.... im going to go with the same brand scope, but just the 4-16 or 6-24X version... it performed flawlessly when i figured out what needed to be done...

the only downside to Range 15, is that no magnum centerfire rifles are allowed... period... meaning no .300 Win Mag, or 7MM ect... at all...

besides that, its a great range, and will be going back friday afternoon or Saturday to run 300 again....