went shooting again a few days ago, after the thorough cleaning, it still was on target just like before...

the Federal 55 grain in the 20 round box (non green tip, non dented tip) actually shot pretty well....

another Army guy was there, and this time chose to shoot directly next to me... i told him he might get hit with brass, and he didnt care, said he was used to it, which, im not surprised...

so im dinging away at the plates, and he gets down, and shoots all 8 in a row relatively fast, slightly faster than im shooting... was impressed...

i was looking at his rifle, and hes like "you can go ahead and pick it up", im like seriously? yeah sure, no problem... the thing was HEAVY... but not really alll that bad, but was really heavy... up front he had a laser/rangfinder and a light... Larue lower, Geissele trigger, regular old Mag Pul grip, and his barrel... which he said was "just a Noveske", which i replied "yeah, just a Noveske" and laughed...

then, came the scope... i think my most expensive scope in my life was like 500-600 bucks... the one i have on this now is 300.. while im more than happy with the scopes i have, there is SERIOUSLY a major difference between a 300 dollar scope, and a 3000 dollar scope like he had, which was a Leupold 3-18X Mark 6.. HOLY SH!T was that thing clear at 300, was amazed by it... the reticle was very very nice as well... but, i dont think i will ever be able to spend that kind of money on a scope like that, not because i cant, but because i really dont need it... but the quality of the thing was through the roof.... i will spend more on the next one, but not 3k thats for sure...

so, now im in a bit of a crossroads...

ive been thinking about getting the MPR re barreled in .223 Wylde, so i can keep the 5.56/.223 aspect going, and the added accuracy... the problem is is the price... you have companies like Bartlein, Kreiger, Noveske, Faxon, Shilen, Lilja, ect...

so i called Rainier, and they have theirs which are around 400 for the Ultra Match 20 inch fluted, plus 80 to put it on... then there is the Faxon Flame fluted .223 Wylde at around 325, plus the 80... both of which i will need to pay more for a brake, and the installation of said brake... Noveske barrels are 500-900 (carbon fiber), and are too expensive for my taste... i wouldnt be opposed to just getting a target crowned no brake barrel as well, as recoil with a 5.56/.223 is nothing...

but, then again, i can get a complete upper in .224 Valkyrie for the same price as the barrel and install... but, then i have to go and get different, more expensive ammo, when i could just stick with the 5.56/.223 ammo im using, and get the 6.5 Creed rifle that ive been wanting to buy (looked at a Ruger Precision yesterday, and im almost sold on it... very nice) and not have a bunch of stuff that does almost the same thing (.224, 6.5, .300 WM)

so with that said, would it be better to rebarrel the MPR with a nice fluted match barrel, or just keep it as it is, and get a .224, or is it worth it to upgrade the MPR barrel? like i said, his rifle shot lights out, but im assuming that sub MOA guarantees like the Faxon has are going to suffice...

so, what say you?