yeah, im thinking so too....

the odd thing, is at first i was looking at a Strike Industries one, i liked the latch on it, and it was also red, i like the red accent on black like the trigger on my 10/22, and figured i could get a red CH, and a red trigger, and it would look kinda cool....

then he told me they were made in Taiwan, and i didnt want to put foreign parts in the rifle, they were only 32 bucks, but looked like they were made well.... so i opted for theirs, which was 40 bucks...

when he first looked at it, he kinda was insinuating that it was bent by me somehow, until i said that there would have to be significant force on the rear of it, slamming into something, that would cause it to bend...

there were no dents or scratches on neither the front of the hook, nor the rear of the handle itself, there were also no stress marks on the "bend" which would have also been present...

then he said, well they are mass produced so sometimes things happen...

oh well, im happy with the Radian, its smoother, and actually feels better, even if it was nearly 100 bucks and triple the price of other ones for such a easy thing to manufacture....

im just glad i caught it before something could have happened, be it hitting me (probably not hard, but ive heard of people getting whacked), or tearing the latch hook spot so that nothing would have worked, and i needed to get a new upper tube....

once again tho, i did learn again, sometimes its just better to eat it and spend the money, vs trying to save some money.....