yesterday was fun.. and interesting...

there was only like 6 or 7 of us there, couple guys at a couple lanes, and 1 fully dressed guy at the far end...

one guy had a belt fed upper, wasnt working right either.. he paid 4k dollars for just the upper... was cool but hey, if it dont work right..................

he then came down by me (im liking the far left rifle slot, puts me in line with the 300 yard plate), and i saw that he had a Canik Elite... i knew right off the bat what it was because a pawn shop here sells new guns, and they want 700 dollars for it... they are made by Century Arms which im not a huge fan of, mainly because their AK's suck accuracy wise, but then again, all of them do unless you get into the Vepr and Drag rifles, PSL ect....

he asked if i wanted to shoot it, sure... pretty nice actually, i was impressed... nice sights, trigger gotta get used to but not bad overall...

he ended up giving me around 100-120 rounds of 9mm ammo ( i dont own a 9mm, yet), but i think it might be personal reloads, everything looks the same, except the case stamps... he did also give away to another guy about 100 rounds of the Remington Bucket range rounds...

that guy, ( the one he gave the rounds to), was really cool, so was his buddy... he, looked like a crab, my brother is 6'2 ish 250 pounds and has arms the size of your leg.. this dude was 1 inch shorter than me, and had bigger arms rofl

very informative guy and was really nice.. he had a FN Special Police Rifle in .308 that was pretty sick, had a Nightforce 6-24 on it, slick setup for sure... he also had 2 other AR's one that had a sup on it in .300 BLK that was cool for sure... suppressor was 1600 dollars by itself tho so im good (surefire suppressor)... very very good accuracy for what he was shooting... he also had a PSA AR, with a Primary Arms 6X tac scope, said he wanted to build a sub MOA rifle for under a grand, which he did...

i was thinking all the night before i should have brought my pistol, but i didnt... oh well...

he then came down next to me to shoot his pistols, on both sides he was running is chronograph, the thing was COOL... not your standard chrono, it was a radar chrono, which i guess is a lot better....

the older RSO also brought out his Glock 21C... ive shot 20's and 21's but never the comp models... WOW, i want one, and im going to get one...

went back to shooting the AR, and his buddy came down with a brand new MagPul 30 rounder, asked me to run it through my rifle to see if it would feed, it wouldnt in his... bang bang bang bang bang, yeah its fine... "keep it"...

at one point, me and the body builder, were trading shots on the 300 yard target plate.. saw him shoot my plate when i was getting ready... was fun for sure...

what i didnt expect, as i have run alot of .223/5.56 rounds in my life, but never at any distance, was WIND... we had a gust that came through that was probably 40 MPH.. blew my case off the table, garbage can off the platform, the guys chronograph went flying, was crazy...

i missed a few more than i wanted, but rifle shot great again... i was only missing by a tad so im not super upset, it was like a 15 MPH crosswind or in that range... managed to push it to about 370 and when the wind died down, it was hitting good at that distance as well...

i talked with him about the 6.5 Creed, said i wanted either the PCR, RPR or the Savage, he has a Savage, and says its a nice rifle, but if he were to do it again, he would do the RPR...

so im going to start looking at those at some point, but first, the .224... PSA is now out of the uppers, but they are selling full rifles for 650... probably just going to go that route...

if you havent been there, go to that range... follow the rules, as you are on base (like NO CONCEALED CARRY WHATSOEVER), and you will have nothing but fun... im not even kidding...