Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I took a couple logic classes at UW. The intro Logic 120 class, and then an upper level class to satisfy a graduation requirement. I don't really see that either political platform leans heavily on logic, and I certainly don't see that one party has an edge in using logic to promote policy.

More likely, this is a case of confirmation bias coupled with a little bit of the false consensus effect. You lean right, Keith - so of course you think the right is more logical. It wouldn't make any sense if you said otherwise.

I don't like Trump and I won't pretend that logic has anything to do with it. YMMV

Hey, I took that class too. Good ole "if P, then Q. If Q, then R. Therefore, if P, then R."

We're reading most everything subconsciously looking for confirmation bia. That doesn't prevent logic though. Analytical thinking is intuitive to some of us, and an alien concept to others.

As for logic in politics, Trump said himself during the campaign that he campaigned the way he did because people vote based on their emotions, not on logic. And that's why he panders to his base of deplorable, low information voters, who don't care a whit for truth, logic, or hold him accountable for flip-flopping his own stories.

And Keith, that link of yours to the IQ story states that the Harvard survey was entirely fictitious.

Well, maybe I'm dumber than I look... rofl