went down the hill to the gun show yesterday... havent been in probably 30 years... come cool stuff, but kinda just a waste of money...

looked all over for .224 uppers, there were a few, but i think probably about 10 total...

one guy from Oklahoma, had 2, and im pretty sure they were those cheap ones i posted previously, i asked him who made them, he didnt know, but assured me they were made in the USA... it was 279 plus another 100 for the BCG...

the reason they were the cheapo's i suspect, is because i looked on the barrel for the cal mark, and it was stamped, with a stamp... like printed on the barrel in a bluing type marking... not stamped INTO the barrel like other companies... they also just felt cheap to me...

so i passed... (they were also 18 inch barrels)

found another guy that had 2, both used... 1 was a Rock River i think, he wanted like 950 for that, then there was a Rainier Arms that had a Zeiss Conquest 6-24 on it, he wanted 2k for that, and it was used... passed...

then found another guy that apparently has a shop here in Puyallup where he builds guns.... his buddy was going to rip apart any AR on the table and sell me the upper right there... the one i almost bought, was a Aero Precision upper, he will sell it to me for 450, or the entire rifle for 850.... dont know alot about them tho, i know they are decent, but havent read up on them much...

im now in a stage where i dont know if i want to get another AR for distance, im thinking the one i have will go out to 6-700, maybe a tad further, so im kinda thinking about just getting a 6.5 Creed bolt rifle like the Ruger RPR.... it will definitely slow down my rate of fire, and quite a few of the guys at the range have them and are hitting golf balls at 300 with them....

did see a couple nice Sig rifles in 6.5, but they were 2500-3k dollars... bulky fvckers too....

i did run into the guy that sold me my charging handle, another guy i bought my revolver from, and one of the guys from Sportsmans... all had some nice stuff...

also saw a scope company ive never heard of, Osprey... they were fairly expensive for the high zoom models, like the 10-40X50 at 1100, but it was a really nice scope... i guess they use the same erectors as Nightforce, and the glass was superb... he told me to find a target and look through it, then he placed his hand over the bell with just a little gap between his fingers... you couldnt even see his fingers AT ALL... was crazy...

some asshole just before i got there, caused a slight scene, and managed to walk away with a 1k dollar scope he snatched off the table... they werent happy about that at all...

did end up buying a 50 round box from Washougal River cart company, look like good rounds, they use the Hornady FMJ so we will see how they do....

so now i have to decide if i want another AR or a bolt gun with an AR grip, because i do like having that pistol grip... did find a grip with the palm shelf, and it felt amazing, but im not going to put one on the MPR, i think its fine as it is, but a bolt rifle, it would feel nice on....

decisions decisions....