Well well well, forked tongue Danielle. This is so good! I happened to notice one thread of interest tonight on a fishing website I don't check into much anymore - featuring our Dan S. laugh Caught in the big double standard (kinda like with the 'zipper issue'):

DanS
Native slab
Fisherman # 101 - posted 03-17-2002 09:42pm

I think you just missed one BIG lesson from the tape, Snagly. And that's that even Bill Herzog doesn't slay them every time he goes out. Nick found fish and Bill didn't on that trip........I don't see the cause for cancelling 'scrips and such.

The unfortunate part is that they weren't able to shoot over multiple trips and get a little more in depth(and make Nick row), but they were on a budget and shot the video over a one-weekend trip, I believe. I'm sure Bill would have liked to have found more fish and showcased his skills a little more, but hey, it's called "fishing" not "catching".

So Nick puts in a good day and gets center stage for the video and now you're out to hang him? Man, this is a tough crowd sometimes.

--------------------
Trips: 62 | Head waters: Lacey, WA | First Cast: May 2000 | IP: Logged

Hmmm. "BIG lesson"? "Hang him"? Sounds familiar. smile I'd say you, Os, Giz, and Schooled are the same type tough "H" crowd Dannie. No prob for Bill to have a couple unlucky days, but if I have a couple unlucky ones with fish coming unpinned in a couple flotillas, you guys make more milage out of that than a Honda Civic gets. Busted! ... And just about as much milage over getting a lucky fish in a flotilla. Busted! No more room to 'talk' for you guys now. ... I must say though, you are correct about how fishing is - even for top notch steelhead angler Bill Herzog. smile

And no, the 'other' lesson isn't lost on me you 4 cracker boys. Nobody should take too seriously trash talk over having an unlucky day or two fishing. Afterall, it's not golf or basketball, or other things. laugh So you can relax and enjoy F4, without being concerned over cracker talk if you have poor luck that day. wink

Geez, I hope posting Dan's words here doesn't slow down the trash talkin here. It was just getting fun.