Originally Posted By: Snake Pliskin
Let me get this straight.... in the US so far, the CDC has estimated (based on weekly influenza surveillance data) that at least 12,000 people have died from the "regular" or "common" influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000. But the Corona virus has killed 63. 30,000 vs 63. Yep, let's panic about 63, shut down everything. But the annual regular flu deaths don't mean jack?

We have 12,700 ventilators available.

The US currently has over 3000 confirmed cases of covid-19. By this time next week, it's likely to be 10X that amount. Unless you took math class with Hank, you can probably see that 3000 x 10 is greater than 12,700.

People should be more scared of the flu than they are. They aren't scared of the flu because, frankly, they're stupid. There's a flu vaccine that's at least partially effective every year and tons of people decline to get it - again, because they're dumb. They get sick, they go to work, and 30 thousand people die from it annually.

This has the potential to kill many more than that. It kills people at a rate 20x the flu, especially the elderly. Don't try to diminish the threat to cover for Trump's incompetence in dealing with it. Evo is already here to do that.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames