Originally Posted By: RabidAngler
Nick is right though Norm is on a different level. I took my dad to see him a couple years ago and we laughed nonstop hysterically for the entire set. That's hard to do. Norm is funny ,and it isn't about the punchline. He is the punchline.

God damn right I am. Comedy is my thing - it's my wheelhouse. I have hours upon hours of film, videos, interviews etc of all of the greats. Norm IS the comedian's comedian. He's probably the best, prototypical late night talk show guest of all time. His Conan & SNL work is simply brilliant. If you were to ask the other greats, 90% will tell you the funniest person they know is Norm. Per Acid's point, NONE of it is about the joke - it's simply Norm being Norm - which is fookin' hilarious. Dave, Patrice, Bill & Bob are all right there with him - they are all true and honest and truth and honesty is the very foundation of comedy. But they all have a "thing" to their comedy to a certain extent. Norm is just Norm.

Don't get me started on Dave. I could write a doctoral dissertation on Chappelle. But I will say this, the single best standup performance I've ever seen in person was Bob Saget. I think I broke ribs. It actually hurt. So so dirty and bad that I can't believe another person would actually think it, let alone get on a stage in front of 1000 strangers and actually say it and then own it with pride. Absolutely Zero fvcks given. BITCH I SUCK DICK FOR COKE!