Quote:
Tom Nelson from the Outdoor Line talked to the Governor's Office on a conference call yesterday and was told just that the Governor supports Dir. Unsworth in walking away from the table and going straight to NOAA-F.

Quote:
The story I have heard second hand is that the meeting started with the Puyallup Tribe representative standing up and saying there would be zero sportfishing allowed in the Puyallup River and no sportfishing anywhere in PS should have any impacts on Puyallup Chinook this year.

Then The Muckleshoot Tribe stood up and demanded no Fishing in MA 10, and only in the northern half of MA9 for Chinook only(this is new) and no fishing in Elliot Bay, the Lake, etc.
Director Unsworth then got up and said (and I paraphrase) I guess we dont have anything to discuss here after hearing those ultimatums, and the meeting adjourned.

Tom Nelson has stated on the Outdoor line show that the tribes have been invited to the show to hear their side of the story but to no avail so far.

Considering what has happen in past NOF negotiations with the tribes apparently not bargaining in good faith with last minute shenanigan and now these demands, it is good to hear that the governor and many sport anglers do back Director Unsworth and not surprised the tribes have declined up to this point to go on the air to defend their behavior/actions.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them