I stay away from PS issues as I do not live in that area so I am a spectator but lord luv a duck are you guys nuts? It must be something in the water you all drink. Guys like SG & CM are worth their weight in gold because they know & understand the system & history within WDF&W. In particular intercept fisheries which is the main bone of contention it appears and are the most difficult to manage. All you have going on is impacts of urbanization ,growth, and years of over harvest coming home with a vengeance which a deputy director told a bunch of folks in a meeting was going to happen. Oh forgot, that was 20 years ago and it has been long known this was coming.

As to the tribes scream, yell, bitch but dig to the bottom of the hole and the thing that has to be resolved is the disagreement around accountability of harvest impacts of selective fishing. To be blunt WDF&W has not put the effort in to correctly identify those impacts but rather just sorta cherry picked right down to inventing numbers. Hell in Grays Harbor this year they have a NT commercial that has a release wild Coho this year with a mortality rate that has ZERO and I mean ZERO chance of being accurate. It is a simple thing really, you have to drastically increase accountability and reduce harvest when productivity of a watershed is reduced or even a region such as PS. That is difficult to impossible for WDF&W to do for a lot of reasons many self inflicted but PS fisheries are simply being taken down by a death of a thousand wounds.

Edited by Rivrguy (06/18/16 08:52 AM)