Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
Other than WN I have seldom seen the Chinook Annex discussed which simply tells me folks are not interested in a solution but rather bitching. Feels good but not much accomplished but normal for a WA REC.

I'm sorry but to state that folks would rather bitch than have a solution is mistaken. I for one see discussing, considering, and expressing my thoughts on the matters at hand (bitching) to be one of the few tools that I have which might influence the situation.

If I thought it would have a positive affect I would attend meetings however I have been on and have had involvement with various boards and from what I have seen the majority of consequential information gathering, deliberaration and decision making goes on behind closed doors or by board members in casual conversations before the meetings and unless any input presented at the public hearings is well reasoned, well presented, and well supported, and offer a workable solution to the issue they have little to no chance of consideration.

Of course a unified organization with good leadership is the key to achieving success but with all of the competing interests wanting their piece of the pie that will be hard to achieve.

P.S. Thanks to all of the PP members who have spent their time and energy trying to help our situation through their representation and by providing us with information. I know that even though we might at times sound like a thankless lot your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Edited by blackmouth (06/19/16 12:23 PM)
Edit Reason: to change silly to mistaken

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.