Originally Posted By: JustBecause
Originally Posted By: Chasin' Baitman
Everyone listen up! JustBecause has implored me to explain to you why this predicament is NOAA's fault.

NOAA is the office of the federal government that administers fisheries policy. They are requiring that waters where people fish for trout, bass and perch be closed down because on very rare occasions a chinook swims through there.

Oh and then there's the fact they've allowed the tribes to drive fishing policy in WA state for the last 30 years.

Chaisin', Thanks for demonstrating exactly what I hoped you would, a complete misunderstaning of the feds role and authority here...

NOAA is the fed agency that administers the ESA for marine species, that is their only role In Puget Sound. The state and tribes, together, are responsible for all aspects of fishery management, or mis-management. Remember, an agreement here solves everything!

OHHHHHHHHHH SNAP! YOU GOT ME JB! ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the flame KANG brother! All slingin your knowledge of the pervue of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. DAMN!

Here I was just a lowly non-tribal angler, with some misguided notion that NOAA was responsible for "the stewardship of the nation's ocean resources and their habitat". Not sure where I got that crazy idea.

I'm just going to crawl back into my bass lake now.

NT fishers have gotten the shaft *because* we've come to an agreement with tribes. Coming to yet another inequitable agreement definitely DOES NOT solve the issue.

If you believe that the agreement has always been fair and equitable, [something not nice].