Quote:
I'm sorry but to state that folks would rather bitch than have a solution is silly. I for one see discussing, considering, and expressing my thoughts on the matters at hand (bitching) to be one of the few tools that I have which might influence the situation.

Good come back but..................it is bitching in a way as it does little. To break things it takes much more. PDR's on the issue to get documents followed by a continuous public information campaign by organizations intent on making change AND a legal war chest. You bust WDF&W's ( and the state gov period ) for the slightest violation of the law ( hell that is easy as WDF&W cannot even get the APA process right ) and do not get off them. You can and will start the thing on a change of direction.

Government reacts to only one thing, PAIN. It can be political but the best is you bring the politics to the agencies budget. $$$$ are the pain for any agency and just about the only thing they react to. When our current Lt. Governor Mr. Owen was a Senator for East Grays Harbor he once took all of Fish Managements funds out of the budget ( he was chair of the Senate Natural Resources Committee ) when they would not give GH a break. Helped a bit as about half the agency upper management showed up at the next hearing and did change that issue which was over money for operations.

When you have two US Senators with the seniority ours have and nothing gets done on a problem that could literally cost PS & the state billions with ESA restrictions as they move to protect the fish then I would say we are lacking in political leadership.

Edited by Rivrguy (06/19/16 10:25 AM)