The state has been doing this for awhile and auto's suits haven't gained much traction that I can find. The suit against the AG campaign funds seem to be because he was obviously was bought in an earlier case.

Look at Auto vs Gregoire in 2010 ( gas taxes). The AG wanted the suit dismissed because they said "any contract with the tribes signed by the governor- no matter how illegal it is or harmful to the Wa taxpayer- is immune from all judicial review because...... the tribe is a necessary part of the suit and also immune from the suit"

So, let me see if I understand this. The tribe is sovereign, therefore can't be held to any WA laws. If our gov ( or anyone else) makes a deal with them and it's found to be illegal, all they need to do is piggyback the tribal immunity and not even the courts can look at it!

Go read it, see if I misunderstood what it said. If this is true, I wish AUTO all the luck with these suits but it seems a fortress has been built and any shots at it just result in a few more bricks. The more I read, the more I think we're fuked