Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
Bob, People are pisssed and rightfully so. My hat's off to those with the time and flexibility of schedule to attend the meetings. The problem isn't that enough folks don't attend the meetings or voice their opinions, it's that the state doesn't GAF about us or our opinions. I've written, called and spoken with the mucky mucks with the same dismissive attitude and canned response. If the state wasn't required to at least allow people time for open comment they wouldn't waste their time pretending to GAF what we think. We elect folks to represent us and look out for our interests so that WE don't have to do their jobs for them. The system is broken, that much is very obvious, our elected officials prefer to pander to the tribes while their constituents take it up the ass AGAIN!

Thanks to all that are actively involved but I have to ask: If public input is so important what has the state done that indicates they listened to that input? This year and last year the state turned its back on us. Is that what the public input represented? Pandering to tribes and screwing over the other 99.5%?

The money politicians receive from the tribes speaks far louder than anything a politicians constituency asks. Politicians don't care about their record because the public has a short memory, they only care about money $$$$.

Truer words were never written! The frustration is palpable in these posts! Hear that? It's our collective voices crying out in the wilderness... frown