Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Let them all shut down, maybe then the rest of the anglers will get off their collective asses and maybe participate instead of the same 25 people that have been carrying the load for the last 20 years with regard to fishery issues.

I didn't know that steelhead fisheries and sea-run cut fisheries were negotiated at NOF....I always thought it was salmon only...guess I missed the memo on that if our interest was these fisheries we should show up at NOF. Point taken, if true and that's now the case.

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Rojoband, The scope of this closure was and has been widely understood by all those involved at WDFW & on the Advisory group. It's an unfortunate reality that gamefish are wrapped up in the ESA permits for salmon, and that anywhere a potential impact to an ESA listed species is present, the permit must be in place for fisheries on other species to occur. Hopefully as part of an overhaul to the NOF process, this issue can be decoupled and parsed out in some way.

That would have been nice to disseminate this information much sooner, as all of WDFW's press releases up to now this is the 1st I've heard of it and it didn't actually come from WDFW...or from the advisory group, but a news article from a reporter who was asking good questions. Thanks for sharing though.

Edited by rojoband (04/29/16 01:25 PM)