My memory of the Falls at Staircase Falls is even older than OncyT (from the early 1970s) however as I recall the falls were a complete barrier to Chinook and for late running bull. It is possible that the falls could be passable by either steelhead or bull trout at higher flows during the late spring/early summer. Have not seen it at that time of year; on several north Puget Sound basins there are a number of barriers that are impassable to Chinook that are passable to steelhead or bull trout due to more favorable flow conditions before Chinook arrive on the scene.

As I recall there is a reasonable large stream on the west side of Cushman (Big Creek?) that would support some spawning; especially for sockeye (was used by kokanee). I would think the largest potential for anadromous salmonids production at Cushman would be with sockeye. The Baker example has shown that it could be done. However to make it work a large fish collection device and the attending North Fork (thought flooding of the redds before hatching might be an issue), in Big Creek, and potential the lake itself (if there are areas of upwelling in-flows). That said like in Baker producing consistent harvestable returns of sockeye would likely require the release of hatchery fry.

Curt