Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Originally Posted By: NickD90
I lost my sales job with that Chinese company a few months back due to the trade war. I'd wager I'm about the only one on the board that has been directly impacted. Has cost me $50k+ in lost income. My thoughts? F' em. Stick the screws to those lying, cheating, stealing bastards. Some of us will feel some pain. More so than others. But you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. On the Chinese side, they are HURTING something fierce. WAY more than we are. Way, way, way more. Good.

That being said, I did get a new job with a good ol' local & American consulting firm and upped my base by $25k. So I have that going for me. Which is nice.

The Chinese may be hurting but there are millions more Chinese than Americans like you. We import way more from China than they inport from the US.

Which is why we have the all of the leverage. It's not about our exports, it's about our imports. I've lived and breathed this and know what's goin' on. Cost, quality and time. You only go to China for cost. Time and quality are found in America. Add 10 - 25% in costs and the Chinese competitiveness goes right out the window. Which is why I lost my job. We have been over looking poor Chinese quality and added boat time strictly because the costs were so attractive. Not anymore. Everyone is either onshoring MFG back into the US or going to Mexico, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines et al to gain those costs back.

Who gives a chit about those lyin', cheatin', stealin' scumbags. They've made their Commie beds and they can sleep in em'. You ever been to China SHM? Ever worked for them? Have any Chinese friends? If you have, then you'd know what lyin', cheatin', stealin' scumbags they really are.