It's not that we don't care he lies - we'd rather he not as he'd have more people in his camp. It's much more about making traction with policies we care about which he's been quite effective at. All politicians lie. (Yes some more than others - case in point) So an honest politician has not, is not, nor ever will be a differentiator. It's all about the policies and boldness to enact them.

All that said I certainly don't agree with all Trump's policies (environment, reasonable immigration, some social issues, etc.) but do agree with some major priority (to me) policies (economy, abortion restrictions, religious freedom, border security, America first foreign policy, etc.)

I refuse to get into debates with progressive, leftist or Democrat friends and relatives around Trumps character or personality (certainly wish he didn't make it such a sore point though) but happy to have civil policy discussions and usually find we are not too far apart on many of those.

So bottom line, I'll vote for Trump not because I'm an uneducated idiot or that he has such upstanding character, but rather that he is effectively pushing priority policies forward - and how about all those judges?!! {;>)