Trump's meltdown today.

Pelosi reportedly said she was "trying to be the mom" in the room when she and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., debated border security with Trump, which led the president to threaten a government shutdown.

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security," Trump said during the meeting. "I will be the one to shut it down, I’m not going to blame you for it.”

According to the aide quoted by the Post, Pelosi said it was an "accomplishment" to get Trump to own the idea of a government shutdown.

“The fact is, we did get him to say, to fully own, that the shutdown was his,” Pelosi reportedly said. “That was an accompl“Nancy, I do," Trump replied.

Schumer chimed in and said Trump was threatening a shutdown "because you can’t get your way.”

Trump threw a jab at Schumer over a previous shutdown, saying, “The last time you shut it down you got killed," referring to the minority leader's political reputation.

Twitter had a field day with such an exchange, with many users noting Vice President Mike Pence's stony silence during the discussion.

ishment.”

Pelosi's wild encounter with Trump on Tuesday was one for the history books. Trump once again threatened a shutdown unless he can get billions of dollars for his wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down,” Trump declared.

“The fact is that you do not have the votes in the House,” Pelosi rebuked.