Can anyone explain to me what they expect to find in the tax records that would have any legal ramifications? Is the state of New York only requesting them because they believe they could be politically damaging to him? If New York has a income tax law, there is no reason for them not be be able to look at them. I am sure they have access. The returns have been accepted, audited and reviewed by the IRS (and most likely the State of New York) so what are they expecting to find. Lets be honest, what every one wants is access so they can politically embarrass him. There is no legal requirement for tax returns and, perhaps, had there been one, Trump may not have wanted to run. People can decide, and did, if they want to vote for someone doesn't want to reveal his taxes.

Trump is being impeached because he supposedly was pressuring Ukraine to dig up dirt on his opponent. There could be illegal activity here and there are indications that it could have been covered up. Put that up against the screams for his returns, which are strictly for political dirt.

I wish there was even a slight indication of political honesty by either side, but that is just wishful thinking. What is disgusting is how many people swallow what is being put out there.