I appreciate that guys and thank you. When I objected to how the NT commercials were wrongly treated some folks were really ticked off but it was the right thing to do. The GHMP is what we all must stick to like glue, no exceptions. The sharing guidelines and conservation requirements in the GHMP dictate what all non tribal fisheries are not what I or anyone else feel is a better idea.

I have been asked to put out what the Rec Chehalis season below South Elma Bridge should be if the GHMP was followed correctly and I normally shy away from doing that but since I opened this can of worms here we go.

Aug. 1-Sept. 15 Min. size 12". Daily limit 6. Release adults.

Oct. 1-Dec. 31 Min. size 12". Daily limit 6. Up to 2 adults may be retained. Only one Coho adult may be retained. Release Chinook.

This means 6 fish including Coho Jacks but only one Coho adult be it hatchery or wild and up to two Chum but only two adult total. Release all Chinook period. The numbers and GHMP directives say this was the season that should have been presented by WDFW staff. Oh rough math says that in the states non tribal share over 1500 Chum above escapement would have remained unharvested. Maybe few more maybe few less but in the ball park I think.

Edited by Rivrguy (04/21/20 05:28 PM)