As posting up fishing updates usually has your fishing buddies saying bad things about your Mother we all kinda kept mum. Now the river is blown (big time) so I thought I would throw this into the 2019 mix. In the world of just plain odd the fish are at it again. About 5 days ago a substantial to just plain large movement of fish happened as the weather front began to move in. The fish caught by the few fishing were bright Coho with sea lice. At my house I had Sea Lions and Seals chasing fish up on the gravel bar. OK that was the easy part! Upstream the guys could see the back v's coming off the ripple, fish finders going nuts but then this. Large portion went right to calm water, know as the weeds, and continued on. Fish caught were right where they should be and Coho as stated before.

Now the fun part. The T day Nov Coho coming in late, could be. Massive movement of Late Coho, could be but there were way to many fish from my seat. Then this, the guys caught Coho in normal ways in normal spots so what were all those fish running slack weed water? Behavior says Chum but in late December on the Chehalis ? So what do you all think ?

Edited by Rivrguy (12/21/19 01:22 PM)