Well, now for a fishing report. After all, isn't that what the thread title suggests? We fished the opener outside of the Hoquiam river after a not too crowded launch at 28th street. Melanie took the 1st fish on a vip spinner and in-line flasher, 9 to 10 lbr. I took a 6 lb. buck chrome bright. Done by one. 2nd day I was skunked on herring and Melanie took a nice 8 lbr. and a coho jack, plus a coho smolt which convinced her not to swap out her spinner pattern. 3rd day I was skunked on herring one more time but had a few drive-bys, Melanie took a nice 9 lb. buck. We took Monday off, Melanie worked Tuesday and Wednesday we went clamming on a northern beach, got our 40 by sunset. We heard that some fish were caught around Lakeside, but the same folks were going up towards Monte the next day as more fish were seen there. We fished the river below the launch at Monte, caught our two by one and beat it. Next day I took a 6+ lb. hen and Melanie had what we believe was a monster king that took her on quite a trip before pulling the hook about 10 yards out, never saw it which was the clue to species. Didn't want to think about it being a huge silver. Lots of crap in the water but high tide cleaned it out