For bay and tidewater general rule is dry year or one spieces restricts commercial tribal or NT harvest which is usually Chinook. Trib weter the better moves them up but then bay and tidewater sucks.

So I always hope for a dry summer until Nov as I live on tidewater which gets me in trouble with old fishing pals inland. What pissed me off about last year and still does is inland fishers pray for a year like last year! It was really the best numbers and conditions anyone could have hoped for most certianly on the tribs / above Fuller Hill. In my mind it was a once in a lifetime Rec oportunity. I haved lived next to a Chehalis stream 65 years out of my 75 and I never seen a fish movement that large condensed into such a short time frame outside of Alaska. The sorry ass low flows crap WDFW paraded out is just that, a load of BS. Out of respect for Bob as it is his site I will refrain from expanding my vocabulary utilizing four letter words shaded dark blue and smoking to truly express my outrage for the injustice done to them, especially you bankies !!!

Just make things clear my home is next to Higgins Island and I DO NOT fish inland and most bay fishers do not either. I will put my time up against anyone in Chinook restoration and conservation. So let us get this straight it was not about low flows, it was not about Chinook conservation, it was about the bias toward freshwater inland fishers in every element of WDFW from harvest managers to enforcement to ground guys doing redds and research. To be honest I will say what I have said for years, it is discrimination toward those who choose to fish from the bank or lack the financial means to purchase a watercraft. If your poor or just cannot afford a boat to fish ocean or bay you do not count to WDFW. If you fish inland you are are unworthy of consideration or respect! This is reality of WDFW management.