The spread sheets and information from last nights WDFW NOF ZOOM presentation are available. A lot of information there but due to scheduling difficulties the QIN and NT Comm. Seasons are not set. Option B still looks best but staff added a 3 Coho bag modeled which is about the Dec shut down of Late Coho fishing last year. Staff provided some insight from creel work that verified what the Rec fishers have said, there are very ( and I mean few ) Steelhead present in Dec. My suggestion was rather than loose Dec from a Steelhead harvest that is almost non existent simply do release ALL Steelhead in Dec. Problem solved as there is no reason to loose a prime month, particularly in the upper basin, for a Steelhead harvest that could be counted on your fingers!

The QIN and NT Comm. Seasons are not set due to scheduling conflicts and as soon as they are set and modeled I will get them out.

Now something happened in the ZOOM meeting that should not have happened. As the presentation was winding down the moderator announced “I see no hands” which was absolutely NOT true. During the meeting Mr. Loosse stated that when failing to make escapement just a couple of fish could drive a shut down of Rec fishing. As always I had a group text going on my cell and it went nuts so I waited until the end to bring this up and no hands goodnight. This happened last year and again this year. So I will object to this behavior by whoever is moderating these meetings. I apologize JJ and yes you said they would do this again and they did. I will follow up and let everyone know the outcome but I need to follow Harry’s rule, never hit send when angry!