And people still think that WDFW want what’s best for the fish. If the tribe is netting, commercials are netting and the tidewater is still open for fishing, then I agree….”letting fish get to spawning grounds” is not the goal.

Then the state wonders why we don’t trust them during the steelhead management on these rivers.

I’m beyond done with WDFW. From the top to the bottom…they are useless. I didn’t see a single fish checker, bio or game warden each day I fished the tributaries when they were open. How the hell do they make these decisions if they can’t or won’t put boots on the ground?

I was catching fish in the mornings. Did fishing decline considerably when the 80 degree sun hit the water? Yeah…but fish were in the tribs and it was some great morning fishing.

We need a change. We will lose all “opportunity” with the current regime at WDFW. They are lazy and live in fear of frivolous lawsuits from the wild fish only groups. It’s all about “optics” like riverguy said. “Crap, sportsman are catching fish, Wild fish bug throwers are going to be upset and sue us”.

These steelhead meetings this year should be everyone calling in questioning their decision making ability after this BS. They can’t manage sports salmon fishing…how do we except you to manage steelhead.