Originally Posted By: Lifter99
Good post Dave. I think the answer to some of your questions is it would depend on the fisherman. Some guys prefer chum and some prefer coho. Personally, I am not that fond of chum. They are real fighters but I would rather keep one coho over two chum but that is just me. I wouldn't have a problem catching one coho and going home and not fishing on. But again that is just me.

I guess my question would be why would anyone choose a chum (Dog) over a chrome Coho or Chinook as part of any limit, unless that's all your allowed to keep? When I fished the Satsop, and that's been a long time, we used to find holes where they were not to avoid them. Great fight but not the best table fare. Some say they smoke great, but nothing compared to Coho or Chinook. Was always best to the have 1st push of fish on the Satsop be Kings and Coho and be done with the take before the Chum showed up. And then wait until they were gone for the "B" run.

Edited by RUNnGUN (04/28/20 07:37 PM)