Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
Originally Posted By: Krijack
I know nothing about this process, but I am trying to understand what the impact of this statement is >>>>>> We will be limited by a provision in the Grays Harbor Policy that if we fail to make escapement 3 out of 5 years non treaty harvest is limited to an impact of 5% of the returning run. ( known as the Penalty Box )>>>>

From what I have seen about tribal harvest, they can take a huge number of fish given the right conditions. So if a big run comes in and they have a scheduled fishery for so many days, which is supposed to equal a 50%, what is to stop them from taking most or all of the extra fish before they tally their numbers.

Bingo...I have a "fair understanding of the process" but I also question the "slow reporting process by the QIN". There are times when it might be as much as 2 - 3 weeks before the QIN numbers get to WDFW, then finally posted to the WDFW web site.

Accountability should be a higher requirement than is required on the commercial side. I'd like to see, during the reporting process, hatchery and wild numbers. Is that important, it sure is on the "sport side". Try not marking H/W on your punch card see what happens....if Enforcement asks, maybe shame on you or if you send your card in, not marked you might get a "follow-up" from WDFW punch card tally persons.

John's River, 28th Street, Cosie, South Monty, Fuller and maybe Porter, need to be monitored. WDFW wants $2.6 million for paying additional persons to do this knid of work........how about during the peak movement of fish, have WDFW Region 6 monitor, 1 day a week???? Regular job 4 days, in field work 1 day....nothing better than "be and see", what's what.......save taxpayers $$$$$$$

Saving taxpayers money is not SOP for our state, not utilizing

existing resources rather then spending an inflated amount of money

on new personnel is. Have to have an excuse for more taxes.

On another note, does anyone know when the state plans on fixing

the flood damage to the Monte launch? It looks really bad, SOP for

WA. state would disrupt the jack or fall season with construction.