Well here is Steve's background courtesy Steve.

Finally, I know folks are curious about my background, so here’s some information that might be helpful:
I grew up in Yakima and spent all of my formative years there. I have Bachelor’s and Master’s in Fisheries from the University of Washington and proudly wear a lot of purple! . My first job was in central Oregon for ODFW where I worked for 10 years. I was the assistant district fish biologist in Prineville and then conducted research on kokanee in Lake Billy Chinook. I came back to Washington in 1999 as an Area Habitat Biologist in Port Orchard processing HPAs for marine projects. I then transferred to the fish program and conducted research on bull trout in the White Salmon and Klickitat river basins. In 2002, I waded into the world of salmon management as the Puget Sound Recreational Salmon Fishery Manager. In 2008, commercial management was added to my duties as the Puget Sound Salmon Manager. In addition to managing the Puget Sound commercial and recreational fisheries, I also administer the Puget Sound Recreational Fisheries Enhancement Fund that provides funding for a number of hatchery programs; and I’ve served as both the state technical representative and alternate panel member on the Fraser River Panel. I am an avid outdoorsman and spend most of my free time fishing for steelhead, salmon and halibut; or hunting deer and elk.

I wish you and your families a healthy and happy New Year!