Originally Posted By: fish4brains
Lots of people couldn't get their pre programmed minds to look for fish outside of their regular comfort zones. I had a great late season with my last coho hooked the second weekend in Dec. Too many times I heard "they're not there, I've been fishing this spot for 50 years at this time of the year, and they're just not coming" but just smiled and nodded my head because they were there, just not THERE.

I agree----well said!!!!

This year "the stars aligned for many sports fishermen". Early rain, no netting scheduled...fish moved up....then a period of no rain, dropping rivers, scheduled netting didn't do well as expected....my observation was tribal and nt effort pretty much quit. November and December, some rain but rivers dropped fast.....I can't remember where I could sit in 4-5' of water, look over the edge of the boat AND SEE THE RIVER BOTTOM, until around December 20.....strange year!!!!!

I've not fished steelhead, but do the "drive around lookie lou", some fish when when fishable but TOO MUCH RAIN is keeping rivers so high "even plunkers aren't fishing"...and its 1/2 way thru steelhead season, still the rains fall!!!!!!

"I thought growing older, would take longer"