If you want to know a little more about how far JT Austin's reach is in our fisheries, let's look at our last WDFW Commissioner appointments.

James (Jim) Anderson
(At-large position, Pierce County)
Current Term: 07/24/2019 - 12/31/2024

James "Jim" R. Anderson was appointed to the Commission in July of 2019...He was the Executive Director of the Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission from 1985 to 2005, before retiring in 2010...He is well connected to tribal communities and values the work they do and the roles they have played in our state. (WDFW Commisssion Member Web Site..click here)

Now, let's look at an email that JT Austin sent to Keith Swenson. Keith Swenson is the Director of Boards and Commissions. He is the one who is supposed to "select" applicants for the Governor to appoint to OUR WDFW Commission:

Subject: F & W Commission Jim Anderson resume
Date: June 28, 2019 at 7:09:26 AM PDT
To: "Swenson, Keith (GOV)" Swenson, Keith (GOV)7d4>

Jim and I had a long talk yesterday. He would like to be considered for the F&W commission. He’s very committed to conservation, is an avid and lifetime hunter and fisher. He has two infractions, one in 2006 a boat where someone was over the limit on shrimp and one fail to record in 2007.

We talked about leadership, role modeling good behavior and professionalism, collaboration, treaty rights (entire professional career), passion about conservation, hunting and fishing, undergrad and grad degrees in environmental science, having practiced conservation and planning. We also talked about Curt Smitch, Tim and Norm - he said they’d had a falling out on mass marking but that was years ago and he’d survived norm and Tim’s “spittle.” He is highly regarded by Bob Turner, former regional manager for NOAA, Phil Anderson, Lorraine Loomis, and all of the 20 NW Indian Fisheries Commission tribes, and was close friends with Billy Frank, Jr.

I’m pretty impressed with his working knowledge of the various landscapes- fisheries management, legislative (state and fed), tribes, hunting stakeholders, ranchers, E Wa issues including water rights, impacts of population growth and climate change.

I think we would be proud of the appointment.

Let me know what you think and timeline. Also, please send me a phone number for Molly Linville when you get a chance.

Thanks and happy Friday.
JT

Now consider this. Andersen wasn't even a candidate. JT brought him to Keith Swenson's attention, LONG AFTER the announcement date had CLOSED! And LONG AFTER the Governor was, by policy supposed to appoint a replacement! And bypassed all the other highly qualified applicants that DID FOLLOW THE RULES!

Can you see that Anderson was "recruited"? Can you see he's there to insure the Governor's tribal agenda is pushed?

Jim Andersons resume was emailed to JT 26 minutes and 13 seconds before JT sent her email giving Swenson the "ol eye wink", that Anderson was the guy?