04/20/2022

NOF is done for another year. I expect the vast amount of fishers will think it could be a great year.

I can't even image the amount of boats being in line to launch at Johns River, Hoquiam, 28th Street, Cosie, Friends Landing, Montesano, Fuller, probably Westport. Temperatures have been known to "sky rocket" with persons that can't back a trailer or want to get gear in the boat while on the launch itself. Be prepared for limited parking space at South Montesano.

Wynoochee------ can't make escapement, well who's fault it that????? 2 gill net fisheries, a river bank fishery that has grown in past 20 years, a boat fishery from John's River to Cosie that went from zero to what it is today.

Federal monies available for a hatchery below the Dam, mid 70's, fight between user groups, so Feds took monies back and spent on war effort, how'd that work out?

2nd chance to increase Coho and steelhead, about 1992, known as Wynoochee Mitigation, has that gone ??????? no where, 30+ years still not 1 fish has been placed in the Wynoochee, and then they don't even want to "fin clip" the Coho so even if we did "have a hatchery only Coho fishery", there would be no way to tell a Native from a hatchery, yea I know the fish would be wire coded but well...grrrrrr

Wynoochee problems.....to many user groups fishing on Wynoochee bound fish and then most of the fish are trucked above the dam and expected to spawn in above 4 miles of river AND THEN COMPETE WITH ALL THE STEELHEAD that are also trucked above the dam.

QIN wanted a hatchery...... WDFW, who knows????? Lot's of WDFW higher ups, running around with their heads up their butts, still running even today!!!! Grrrrrr

"I thought growing older, would take longer"