Staff has sent out the first models to those on their mailing list. The email below lays it out as to what is what with the numbers. If you do not want to wait email me and I will forward the models to you. It looks like Grays Harbor Chinook are short using 2023 seasons.

To All Interested Parties,

Please see the attached NALF excel planning model (NALF stands for “new abundances, last year’s fisheries”). The model includes the 2023 fisheries with this year’s forecasts. Also included is a copy of the Grays Harbor Escapements and 2024 Forecasts along with the Summary Tables from the NALF planning model. If you have any questions or fishery suggestions, please feel free to contact Mike Scharpf or myself at graysharbor@dfw.wa.gov or visit the online Public input page at Public input | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife.

As a reminder, tomorrow March 13th is the North of Falcon No. 1: Statewide proposals public meeting. This is a hybrid meeting where you can attend in person at the following location (click address to view map): Office Building 2 Auditorium
1115 Washington St SE, Olympia, WA 98501 If you prefer to attend the meeting online please register for the meeting at the following link: Register for meeting. You can also watch the meeting through TVW at: TVW broadcast

Have a great day,

Kim Figlar-Barnes
WDFW – Fish Management
Grays Harbor Area F & W Biologist
360-249-4628 Ext. 235
Region 6 Office
48 Devonshire, Rd. Montesano, WA 98563