Originally Posted By: jgreen
Great letter FF.

So, if it starts raining on the 20th/21st, how fast do they open the rivers? Certain amount of rain? Looking to see rivers hold at a particular CFS? They sure can pivot fast for a closure, but what about opening things back up.

I have been hearing through the grapevine, unless it’s 2”-3”…they will likely just wait until November 1st.

My hope is (kinda lacking that right now) is we get rain the 20th-23rd and they open it up on the 24th and give us a little bit of October to fish. I’m sure they aren’t clamoring to open the rivers up.

I feel like we should open a betting line on when the tributaries will open. I’m putting some money on November 1st.

Make no mistake; the early run is over for the in-river crowd. The way they communicated the conditions for re-opening, no action will be taken until it's clear fish are moving normally. As you know very well, the day "it" happens, the entire run will bolt for hatcheries and spawning gravel, and by the time they can publish a rule change, nothing but boot chums will be in the fishable water until whenever the late run shows. WDFW knows this, too, and that's why they are currently pimping out your portion and mine of the early run to people in the tidewater.