I am submitting my suggestions for 2022 Rec Seasons and NT Commercial need to wait for the QIN proposal. My suggestions are based up the failure to make Coho escapement many years in the tidewater tributaries. 2022 should be a 3/5 Coho restricted year but the substantial Coho forecast makes 2022 an outlier year allowing harvest but considering the massive failures to make wild Coho escapement in recent years I urge a cautious approach.

The bay and inriver fisheries should reflect the division of harvest outlined in the Grays Harbor Policy.

All tribs below Fuller Hill are failing to make escapement with the Wishkah at around 20% of escapement. Satsop around 50% is best of the bunch. Now they do make numbers but only on up ( large run ) years and then barely.

The recent years seasons on Coho are about allowable impacts. In other word restricted catch to allow as long season as possible. This has been the feed back for years and that is what Mike has done his best to model Coho and seasons.

The 2022 seasons outlined so far are NOT WDFW's choices but rather input from users and they are going to change. Problems like Chum not making escapement in the modeled seasons and the QIN dates are a best guess. In other words the commercial seasons are not set at all. The Rec locations and the bag limits are a disaster in the models. Hoquiam and Wynoochee should not have a retain Coho period. Wishkah should be mark selective as Mayr's releases marked smolts and the Satsop is iffy as to wild.

In my crystal ball it says one adult Coho bag limit with the tribs outlined protected with season open for Coho Jacks August 1. I think you could do retain adult Coho August 15 to Dec 15. Below Porter Dec 15th to Jan 31 should be release unmarked Coho but only on mainstem Chehalis, Satsop. The Upper Basin should have its normal seasons.

We do not have enough Chinook after the massive marine overharvest and Chum are shaky to say the least. My two bits.