https://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/rfc/

Well now we are entering new territory with flows in the Chehalis as summer flows kick in. Use Porter to get a clear picture of things but flows are getting down to near record lows. Keep in mind that very low summer flows are normal and it does not mean much to fishing unless we get to a low oxygen levels but it has to have an impact on rearing areas. Years back it was not uncommon to have Chinook adults die above Fuller Hill due to water conditions but we have not seen that in many years.

What we know presently is the Chinook are moving pretty much normal in timing but in greater numbers than one normally sees early on. The other side is Coho seem to be performing just the opposite. They are around to be sure but not that many which is normal but what is not normal is usually you have the smaller adults with the jacks and not so now. This time of year normally one can be on the river in the evening and for whatever the reasons Coho Jacks like to jump around in the evening but not so much at this time.

Nothing I see at this time would indicate that the water volume or quality is of much concern to the fish but it is the last of Sept through the first week of Nov that things can get a little strange out if it does not rain. So the fish are going to do what fish do !

The long range weather forecast is similar to what we have have now through Sept with five or six showery days. Oct is shaping up much differently with 18 days of showers and some rather substantial amounts of rain on some with Nov looking to be wet. Now I have little faith in day to day long range forecast but I do pay attention to trends in the weather. In general terms it is likely to rain early and simply get wet with rising flows through Oct. In river guys should love this trend but bay / tide water it is 100% the opposite of good which will likely suck...... big time.