Well we are into fishing season sorta. Jack fishing is not slow but almost nil! Three guys that are darn good fishers have seen the same with Coho jacks but not much for Chinook either. There are some Chinook around in tidewater but the ones I have seen have off color bellies with that grayish brown side color which means they have been here a bit. Water temps have dropped from around 70 in tidewater to 68 and above South Monte have dropped to 65. Flows are below average mean but not much.

After that god awful Juneuary everything has been late from gardens to apple trees. So it looks like right now the river is just still running a month late. When will it change no idea here but it will change hopefully soon.

Now heads up from Fuller Hill to South Monte the river has changed dramatically from last year and for the worse. I am told the gravel build up around the Satsop and right on down has shallowed things up. Ugly is the description that stuck with me so word to the wise caution is a good thing. South Monte down never changes much but we have got some world class dead heads hanging around. The ugly ones that show in the low water but go under at high water. It is the window in time where they are barely under that is going to be dicey at times. So be careful as those things can do some damage to a boat doing 30 mph!