I have had several inquiries about river conditions and as always fish. Well the river is warm to say the least. The warmest I have seen was 74.4 degrees above the Muck and it seems to like to hang out around 72 at my dock. With the summer flows it is not unusual for warm water and it appears we have a warm bubble running back and forth with the tides.

I have seen some fish showing but they are pure chrome which means they are coming right through the bay and up tidewater reaches the river. No mad dash just moving with the tides. This is somewhat different as usually you see a mix bronzed, gun metal silver and chrome fish just depends on how long the have been in fresh water. So judging by what I have seen they are not hanging out in the bay much and absolutely not in tidewater.

The Chinook numbers remaining in the non-treaty (NT) harvest share were around 271 and even with C&R that is not many fish to spare. As a preventive measure to save my computer screen from melting I am fully aware the Alaska and British Columbia will take 12,091of Grays Harbor Chinook. This leaves only 12,024 crossing the bar and 1693 remaining Chehalis Chinook impacts for both tribal and state fisheries. What a joke and this is an unfair conservation standard being placed on terminal fishers both tribal and non-tribal comes to mind. Yup it is but it is the world of fisheries harvest management that exists at the present. Bottom line choose wisely when fishing not for the state managers but for the fish.

Otherwise enjoy the summer and the start of the fall salmon seasons.