Back when the Cowlitz relicensing was taking place, I was on the fish committee as the representative for the Washington Council of Trout unlimited, not T.U. National which was represented by Ms. Kaitlin Lovell. She proposed, in fact insisted that the Cowlitz summer steelhead hatchery program be discontinued. I disagreed LOUDLY. She claimed that there were no summer runs there in past history. I went to my old high school baseball coach who grew up in Mossyrock, and he assured me that there always were sumer runs in the Cowlitz. Lovell also wanted to stop the cutthroat hatchery program. I threw a fit. T.U. National kicked me off as their rep. I told T.U. to shove it shortly thereafter. I know there are oceanic mysteries about salmon and steelhead survival, but we shouldn't let Tacoma Power or any other dam owner off the hook - pun intended. At the time I left that committee there was large woody debris being promised, as well as additional gravel to be added to the river as mitigation. Dunno what happened to that.