Here is something interesting. In the state fish biz JT has been the mover and shaker seldom seen. So grain of salt here as nothing from the Guv yet that I know of.

Forwarded:

There's been a lot of speculation flying around this week about the role of J.T. Austin, Senior Policy Advisor, Natural Resources at this point in NOF season setting this year.  In the past, she has been very active and major player behind the scenes.  Word is that role is going to be passed forward or shared in some fashion with Jon Snyder.  Not certain what's going on for sure, but here's what I've learned about Mr. Snyder who until now I didn't know existed.

Mr. Snyder moved into the Gov office in 2016 as Sr. Policy Advisor, Outdoor Recreation & Economic Development.  Here's his education and career history https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Snyder

Here's his list of issues in his current job title and position that he's held for 4 years in the Governor's Office.  At least he's familiar with the term "Recreational".

JON SNYDER – SR. POLICY ADVISOR, OUTDOOR RECREATION & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT 360.902.0488 JON.SNYDER@GOV.WA.GOV

AGENCIES Commerce, Department of (Recreation) Columbia River Gorge Commission Fish and Wildlife, Department of (Recreation, Fishing & Hunting ) Natural Resources, Department of (Recreation) Recreation and Conservation Office (Recreation) State Parks and Recreation Commission Transportation, Department of (Bike, Ped) Traffic Safety Commission (Bike, Ped) ISSUES Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Boating Discover Pass No Child Left Inside grants Outdoor Environmental Education Public Land and Conservation Land Access Recreation Benefits Recreation Economy Recreation and Recreation Planning Recreation Workforce Planning Sports and Athletics Sustainable Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife-related Recreation and Commercial Experiences Outdoor Tourism Veteran’s Conservation Corp Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program Grants Watchable Wildlife

Edited by Rivrguy (04/22/20 07:33 PM)