I recieved some emails asking why cannot the NT side give some Humptulips impacts to allow for a season on the Chehalis? Well the Grays Harbor Policy calls for the two to be seperated. When the GHMP was developed the Commission went with what was and never really looked at why/what went with that seperation done by former Region 6 managers.

Next up is I do not know but say the state side gave up 1000 Chinook on the Humptulips could that allow for NT seasons on the Chehalis side? Not sure but it would be a math thing. For 2023 644 is the Chehalis C&R mortality charge so the 847 share minus 89 Chehalis tribal impacts is 758 add a 1000 gives 1758. I am not sure / yes. Depending on opening times and locations mathematically I think it could be done. It would require some timing restrictions on Wynoochee and Satsop but that number could work. Keeping in mind the bay fishery and Chinook tail at Aberdeen in week 43 or 3rd week of Oct. The prime weeks are Sept and adding and subtracting NT commercial days in the model to see a run timing based on history weeks 37 38 39 are the prime weeks or 10th through 27th of Sept.

So by managing the fishery to say Oct. 1 or 7 opening for Chinook or say Oct 7 to 31 you might fit it in. No matter what the Humptulips harvest reduction of a 1000 in the GH total to allow a Chehalis / Grays Harbor 1785 ( this years numbers ) impact can be managed. It would take some thought but is doable.

The key here is Grays Harbor Chinook as courts, feds, tribes do not split Chehalis Hump as WDFW does. Frankly the whole situation is a bit anal to me.