Oh no, I wasn’t referring to the people of vashon. I was referring to the group meeting there for the camp.

Seabeck:

I’m sure we probably agree on most of the issues. I will die on the hill that in river sports anglers don’t have the blood on their hands. Yes we kill fish. Some of those fish (1%-3%) hooked, die. I could, and have been able to, fish every day; and not make the impact of one day of a net in the river.

Most fisherman suck. It’s only the guides and some rec fisherman that can catch fish in any numbers. That’s not saying I’m better than anyone else, or any of us are…but A LOT of people we see on the rivers are pretty novice and not hooking a lot fish.

I’ve talked to bios and WDFW employees that will tell you that if you see XXX amount of anglers, they can determine the amount of fish hooked. That’s patently untrue.

We aren’t the problem. Like riverguy said…it’s the Alaska, BC and commercial Washington fleet killing the vast, vast majority of chehalis bound chinook…and it’s not even close. Telling the recreational bank anglers to stop fishing is like treating a scratch on the leg on a gun shot victim shot in the head…it’s pointless.