The message below came from Region 6 Bio Mike Scharpf and he found and error in the model. Evidently he made a mistake but caught it but it changes things a bit. So two things ouch and glad you caught it Mike ! If anyone wants the model information Mike is addressing PM and I will send.

Hello Advisors,

I want to let you know I found a user error in the base Grays Harbor planning model that affects Chehalis wild coho. This is my fault for not catching this before we presented the model and I apologize. The error was Satsop, Wishkah, Hoquiam, and Skookumchuck rivers were modeled as mark-selective (MSF) for coho (wild coho release). The model was supposed to represent last year’s season, which didn’t include MSF except on the Humptulips side. As you can guess, making these rivers wild coho harvest changes the total WDFW harvest enough to put last year’s season with this year’s forecast over the State-managed share, we are about 380 coho over that share. There was also an issue with opening the model outside the WDFW network that was affecting coho impacts in the model. I was able to track down that issue and correct it. Something about updating to Office 365 has caused some issues that have not been intuitive. With that said, an updated model with last year’s seasons and this year’s forecasts is attached. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Mike